Current Affairs 25th October 2017 – Current Affairs, current affairs 2017, current affairs in Hindi, gktoday current affairs, current affairs quiz, latest current affairs, daily current affairs, current affairs today, today current affairs.
Here we update 25th October 2017 Current Affairs. Current affairs today, GK today. 25th October 2017 current affairs. So daily check out our website to get latest current affairs. Bookmark our website for latest govt. jobs, private bank jobs, also we provide regarding jobs & exam. you can easily find latest & upcoming govt jobs. So check out below for latest Current Affairs 25th October 2017:
Current Affairs 25th October 2017
- To bring momentum in skilling through collaborative efforts, the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh along with Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for Skilling in Smart Cities, in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
- Sitharaman to attend Southeast Asian defence ministers’ meeting
- Madhya Pradesh has emerged as the top state in terms of digital initiatives undertaken, with a maximum score of 100.1 on performance index, followed by Maharashtra at 99.9 and Andhra Pradesh at 99.8, says a report by Coeus Age Consulting.
- Gujarat-cadre IPS officer Rakesh Asthana has been appointed the special director of the CBI.
- In a major development, the Centre today appointed Shri Dineshwar Sharma, former Director of Intelligence Bureau, as the Representative of Government of India to initiate and carry forward a dialogue with the elected representatives, various organizations and concerned individuals in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Shri Alok Kumar Pateria, IPS (MP:86) as Additional Director General, CISF on deputation basis
- Afghanistan President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani arrived in New Delhi on 23rd on one day visit to India. He will meet President Ram Nath Kovind and have delegation-level talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Dineshwar Sharma, the Former director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB) taken charge as the interlocutor, for peace talks with Assam’s insurgent groups, including the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA).
- Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri R.K. Singh administered the oath of office and secrecy to Shri Ngangom Sarat Singh
- United Nations Day is observed globally on 24 October. It marks the 72nd anniversary of the UN Charter’s entry into force and celebrates everything that the UN represents and has achieved since its establishment in 1945
Banking and Business
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up a high-level task force to develop a comprehensive public credit registry (PCR)
- The Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) of India and Punjab National Bank (PNB) singed an MoU to provide access to finance for the small and medium enterprises and merchant exporters of the council.
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has appointed Mr. Suresh Sethi, the former MD of Vodafone M-Pesa Ltd. as its Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer.
- IndusInd Bank, in association with MobiKwik, announced the launch of a co-branded wallet ‘IndusInd MobiKwik’ that allows its customers to pay at the MobiKwik merchant network using their accounts, with a ’Direct Debit Feature’.
Sports and Entertainment
- Several film personalities are expected to attend the 20th International Children’s Film Festival (ICFFI) to be held in Hyderabad between November 8 and 14.
- Lewis Hamilton passed rival Sebastian Vettel to take a dominant victory in the United States Grand Prix but will have to wait at least one more race if he is to win a fourth world title.
- Ronaldo presented the award at The Best FIFA Football Awards ceremony in London, UK. The award, which covers the period of November 2016 to July 2017, is voted by national team coaches, captains, selected media and fans.